The Mini is my favorite searing machine of the BGE family as it gets to rocket hot temps quickly. Admittedly, I’ve never done a low & slow cook on it – but others have for sure. If you have the opportunity and space to pick up a Mini, I suggest you do. They are great little grillers. I also have the Mini-Max and prefer the Mini for my high heat cooks or just basic small grilling jobs.
- Grid Diameter 10″ / 25.4 cm
- Cooking Area: 78.5 square inches /507 square centimeters
- Weight: 39 lbs 18 kg
Recommended Mini Egg Accessories
- Stainless Fire Grate – Allows for more air flow & higher temps – replaces stock fire grate
- Mini BGE Carrier – Same design at the Carrier for the MiniMax, but smaller size for the Mini. Ask your local dealer to order you one. Should run about $65. Replaces the Mini Nest.
- BGE Fire Starters – Because we often travel with the Mini, I find using these to start the Egg is easier as it means I don’t have to worry about packing my Mapp Torch that I normally use.
- Lodge Cast Iron 6 Inch Skillet – Cut the handle off with an angle grinder (cuts like butter, 5 minute task) and you have yourself a perfect sized skillet for the mini.
- Cast Iron Grid – Might as well put the high heat output to maximum use and ensure you have awesome grill marks on your steak!