This weekend I’m going to be cooking my first turkey meatloaf ever – and of course I’ll be doing it on the Big Green Egg. So I’ve been surfing the net collecting recipe thoughts and ideas. I don’t follow many recipes, so good luck trying to follow mine – but here’s the general idea that I’m going with.
1st Round Turkey Meatloaf (because I’ll revise until it’s perfect):
- Ground Turkey – I figure 2lbs per loaf, so I’m going with 4
- Onions – chopped and sauted
- Peppers – Bells and jalapenos – gotta spice it up
- Onion Dip Mix – 2 packets
- 2 egg whites
- BBQ Seasoning for the outside
So this weekend I’ll be cooking beef jerky all day (also a first) – low and slow. I’ll throw the meatloafs on later in the day – after the jerky is done – at 350 or so for 1 hour or more. Wish me luck!